23 Nov 1-3 How To Transfer A Domain From Namecheap To HostGator
#hostgator Downtime Rating Review – My sites are down about 50 times per month. I have a high-end VPS with them. There is never a good explanation as to why. They are the worst company I’ve ever had to deal with. I’ve called customer service and been on hold for over 30 minutes without speaking to anyone and being hung up on in the process. My web design clients have threatened to sue me. Allen Webber, Boston, MA
This is Module 1 – Step 3, of the Websites Made Simple video series that will help you build your own website, step-by-step.
This video walks you through the process of transferring your domain name from Namecheap to Hostgator. You may not understand what that means, and it may sound like a technical ordeal, but believe me, it’s very simple.
Here are the steps we follow:
1. Retrieve the email sent to you by HostGator when you set up your web hosting account.
2. Get the addresses of the two domain name servers for your account, as listed in the email under “DNS Servers”.
3. Log into Namecheap, and click on the “View” link next to the, “Number of domains in your account” section.
4. Next, click on the domain name you want to do the transfer for.
5. Then click on “Transfer DNS to Webhost” in the left-hand column.
6. Make sure that, “Specify Custom DNS Servers” is selected, and enter the addresses of the nameservers you got from the HostGator email in step 1.
7. Finally, click, “Save Changes” and log out.
That’s all there is to it. It could take up to 24 hours for the change to propagate, but my experience has been that it almost always happens immediately.
If you have any questions about this step please ask in the forums:
If you are ready to move on to the next step, you can find it here:
Module 2 – Step 1: How To Install WordPress On Your Website