01 Nov How to host a Minecraft Server in 1.8 – Latest Tutorial 2015 [HD]
Fleeing #Justhost , California – Scammed – I hosted with them for a year, then decided that I wasn’t thrilled with what I was getting for the price. So I just renewed my domain, but not my hosting agreement. Guess what? Paying $20 for a domain renewal + DNS privacy doesn’t allow you to actually USE your domain, because they won’t give you domain name service if you’re not hosting with them. If you want to USE it, you either have to pay a third party to do name service for you ($30/yr., and a PITA), or else you have to pay to transfer it to a different registrar, i.e. pay to leave. I feel scammed, having been sold something which cannot be used as customers would expect to use it. I can’t recommend them.
In this video I will show you exactly how you can host a Minecraft 1.8 server so you and your friends can play together on Minecraft over the internet !
Just follow the steps shown in the video 🙂
All you need is here :
Server Download: https://minecraft.net/download
java Download: https://www.java.com/de/
Router Passwords: http://portforward.com/default_username_password/
Port forwarding Guides: http://portforward.com/
Minecraft Server Properties Guide:
Additional help with the run.bat command prompt:
Additional help from the Minecraft Server wiki:
Minecraft BAT Commands: DONT FORGET THE QUOTES !
“C:Program FilesJavajre7binjavaw.exe” -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -jar “Minecraft_Server.exe”
if the above doesn’t work:
“C:Program FilesJavajre7binjavaw.exe” -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -jar “Minecraft_Server.1.8.exe”
FOR MINECRAFT 1.8 JAR:
“C:Program FilesJavajre7binjavaw.exe” -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -jar “Minecraft_Server.1.8.jar”
FOR 1.8 ON 32-BIT WINDOWS:
“C:Program Files (x86)Javajre7binjavaw.exe” -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -jar “Minecraft_Server.1.8.exe”
If the commands above dont work, check your java path as i did in the video !!
The first part, “C:Program FilesJavajre7binjavaw.exe”, is the location of Java
Additional infos :
You can connect, but your friends can’t?
1) Make sure that you’re giving them the right IP address, it would be the number you get if you google search “what is my IP”
2) Make sure your server is running properly, and you’re not getting errors.
3) Check to see if you have the most recent file, if you’re getting the error “outdated server”
4) Make sure you’ve set up port forwarding correctly. If after everything they still can’t connect, this is the issue. Port forwarding varies from router to router and internet provider to internet provider, so there’s not really one single tutorial that would be the same for everyone. A good resource is http://www.portforward.com
“ipconfig” not recognized as an internal or external command? To fix that you can do either of the following:
1) Open up your start menu,
2) Type “cmd”, right click on it and “Run as Administrator”,
3) Type in “ipconfig /all” without the quotations.
If that doesn’t work, try this:
1) Find the “Network Internet Access” icon in the notification tray,
2) Right click and select “Open Network and Sharing Center”,
3) Click “Change adapter settings”,
4) Find your connection (ethernet or wifi) and right click on “Properties”,
5) Scroll down and make sure “Internet Protocol Version 4” is checked.
In the next tutorials i will show you how to install plugins and configure your new 1.8 server. Also to make it hacker safe 🙂
Thanks for watching !