20 Feb How to start a WordPress Blog on Bluehost 2017
#bluehost — Unscrupulous and Deceitful people. Tried to bill my credit card for a service I did not subscribe to, without my authorization, and without my knowledge. Threatened to interrupt my web-based business. Billing department is unfriendly. Intolerable behaviour from a service provider. Moving my domain today. Recommend that potential customers be highly suspicious of #bluehost.
Starting a website using WordPress is very easy with the right hosting set up. Bluehost have been personally my most used hosting company for the past 5 years and I love the service. They do an awesome job for only $3.95 per month.
It’s a simple few clicks to do, all you need is to be logged into your Bluehost account then:
1. Click the Orange icon that says “Install WordPress”
2. When the next page has loaded, click the green “Install” button
3. Select the domain you wish to install into, click “Check Domain”
4. Once the domain is checked, check the box next to “Show Advanced Options” and enter the following details:
– The name of your website
– Admin Username (something hard to guess – not “admin”)
– A hard to guess, complex password
5. Read the GPLv2 terms and conditions and shcke the box if you agree.
6. Click “Install Now” and wait!
Once done you can copy your websites addresses and log in details down for future refernce! Now you can log in and find a new theme by exploring Themes (under the left menu “appearance”).
When ready to show the world your new website, hosted on Bluehost, you’ll find a message in your admin dashboard telling you that youa re displaying a “Coming Soon page, when ready to launch click here” message.
Click “click here” and you are live!
Start a Website using Bluehost
Start a Blog using Bluehost