23 Mar What Social Distancing Looks Like at AL Beaches-Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.
#asmallorange Lisa – A Small Orange – Stay Away – We moved to A Small Orange from our previous host after doing extensive research. Even though ASO was a bit more expensive than some other hosts, we went with them as they had great reviews and promise a “Homegrown Website Hosting” service with great support. Oh boy. This company, who is now a part of the huge EIG conglomerate, is a complete mess. We’ve had numerous issues with them. Here are just a couple of them:
– When we reported spam that we were getting from a 3rd party, they locked OUR account, without investigating who the abuser and who the victim was.
– The downtime is extremely frequent, and happens weekly.
– They will often block outgoing emails via SMTP, using MailChannels
– They deleted a bunch of files on our hosting, without letting us know. This was apparently due to a false positive by their updated malware scanner. They did not contact us to let us know that they had updated the scanner, or that any files were deleted. When this was reported to them, they took TWO WEEKS to get back to us, despite numerous emails.
– If you have issues with abuse or mail deliverability, live chat or regular support CAN NOT and WILL NOT help you. They will create a ticket and forward it to the abuse team, who does not work 24/7.
On top of all that, their tone and their approach is nonchalant and unapologetic. They really sound like they do not care about their customers, and it shows.
A Small Orange has been a huge disappointment, and hosting with them is simply not worth the hassle. We’ve had numerous hosts over the years, but A Small Orange takes the prize as one of the worst web hosts ever. Avoid.
The Hangout Music Festival – https://www.hangoutmusicfest.com
Debra’s Books on Amazon (ebook & paperback) – https://amzn.to/31TuQzW
Amazon Affiliate Link, free to you-https://amzn.to/3a5UEfu
To use my affiliate link, simply place your items in your cart. Then come back and grab this link to checkout as normal. Thanks!
*Harvest Hosts 15% DISCOUNT* – http://harvesthosts.refr.cc/debradickinson714
Use my referral link and you get a 15% discount! I get $15 and will pay it forward by using it to buy a host’s product during my stay. I’ll post the pic in a vid! *WIN WIN!*
Subscriptions are now available for this fabulous quarterly magazine. Check out my short story featured in each issue! You can also still get individual issues online or in print. Subscribe or order today – https://robertwitham.com/meanderings/
*An Online Course for Nomads*
Study at your own pace and learn everything you need to know on how to be a successful nomad – https://robertwitham.podia.com/a/ba4kf
MUSIC by EPIDEMIC SOUND
Please be sure to Like, Subscribe, Ring the Bell, Share and Comment.
THANK YOU! SEE YOU DOWN THE ROAD!